Experience the Many Benefits of Facial Plastic Surgery
Surveys have shown that 85% of us would have facial plastic surgery if given the chance. Now is your chance. New surgical techniques are better than ever before– so that a relatively short period, your friends and coworkers will notice how terrific you look; they just won’t know exactly why. The good news is that there is minimal pain following facial plastic surgery and results can be dramatic.
Within weeks, you could:
- Refine the shape or size of your nose
- Erase wrinkles around your eyes, mouth, forehead, and chin
- Enhance the beauty of your eyes
- Tighten saggy skin around your eyes, mouth, and neck
- Redefine your jaw line
- Improve facial symmetry
- Recontour your ears
- Reclaim looks damaged by injuries or cancer
Approximately 1 Million People Elect to Have Facial Plastic Surgery Each Year
In the past five years, the number of procedures has increased a whopping 40%. Once they’ve seen the great results, more than half the patients who have had one procedure opt to have additional ones.
They cite these benefits:
- You look more youthful and refreshed (cited by 57% of the women and 44% of men)
- You feel younger and have more energy
- Your confidence soars
- Because you look more refreshed and energetic, coworkers often perceive you as more productive
- You can breathe or see better, if surgery corrected nasal or vision restrictions
Most popular surgical procedures:
- Eyelid procedures that make eyes look younger, more refreshed
- Procedures to reshape or resize the nose
- Laser skin resurfacing to remove wrinkles and imperfections
- Forehead lifts
Most popular non-surgical procedures:
- Botox injections to erase wrinkles
- Injection of hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvaderm and Voluma
- Laser skin treatments for broken capillaries and excessive pigment
- Microdermabrasion to remove wrinkles and imperfections
- Chemical peels to remove wrinkles and imperfections
- Radiesse® injections to volumize the hands
Facial Plastic Surgery’s New Clients
Plastic surgery is not just for women. In fact, more than 1-in-10 facial plastic surgeries are performed on men. It can help men appear more alert and energetic to effectively compete in the marketplace. In fact, 25% of men who had facial plastic surgery did so for work-related reasons, compared with 10% of women.
Men most often opt for:
- Cosmetic eyelid surgery to remove puffiness, bags, and hooding
- Procedures on the nose
- Botox injections or skin treatments to smooth wrinkles
- Laser procedures to remove broken capillaries, brown spots, and hair
Your child no longer needs to be teased about facial flaws. The most common procedure for children in our practice is otoplasty (reducing the prominence of the ears). Other common procedures include removal of cysts, birthmarks, and moles, as well as laceration repair. During an initial consultation, your surgeon can discuss optimum ages for various procedures.
Caucasians are the biggest customers of facial plastic surgery. But consider these figures for the increased use of facial cosmetic and reconstructive surgery among minorities between 1999 and 2001:
- 340% increase for Asian-Americans
- 323% increase for African-Americans
- 200% increase for Hispanics
- 34% increase for Caucasians
A major factor for increased use in non-Caucasian groups are medical advances greatly reduce the risk of scarring, known as keloids, among dark-skinned patients.
Taking The First Step
The best way to decide about plastic surgery is to meet with a surgeon. Find a facility that’s friendly, professional, and has a board-certified facial plastic surgeon. Then schedule an in-depth initial consultation with the surgeon. There’s usually a charge for this visit, but it’s reasonable and well worth it. Click here to learn more about how to choose a surgeon.