With time, many people develop sagging or flattening of their eyebrow position. This can create a tired and full appearance of the eyebrow region. In addition, you might develop deep wrinkles between your eyebrows and/or on your forehead. The brow, or forehead, lift procedure is designed to restore the proper position of the eyebrows and to create a more youthful appearance of the upper periorbital and forehead regions.
Following are some of the primary improvements that can be obtained with a brow lift:
- Repositioning of the eyebrows
- Restoration of symmetry of eyebrow position
- Reduction of tissue fullness to upper eyelid area
- Reduction/improvement to wrinkles of the forehead
There are a number of techniques that can be used to perform a brow lift. At our office, we utilize a minimally invasive endoscopic technique to limit incisions, which leads to more natural results. The incisions are placed within the hair-bearing scalp so that, once healed, they are unnoticeable.
Here at The Center for Facial Plastic Surgery, we produce natural results without leaving a patient looking “pulled” or “surprised.” Incisions are virtually undetectable, the results are long-lasting and we don’t shave any of your hair.
How Is It Done?
- You will be administered “twilight anesthesia,” meaning that you are asleep during the procedure, but you will continue to breathe on your own without the need for a breathing tube.
- We make several short incisions behind your hairline (no hair is shaved).
- The muscles and deep tissue of the forehead are elevated and repositioned in a more natural and youthful position.
- Deep sutures are used to stabilize the brows and forehead in the new position.
- The incisions are closed with fine, dissolvable sutures.
- You will feel discomfort and may use pain medication for up to 7 days.
- There may be forehead tightness and temporary numbness involving your forehead, which will gradually improve.
- Within a week, bruising and swelling will begin to subside and can be covered with make-up.
- You can begin light exercise in a week and more active workouts in 3 weeks.
- You can return to work and resume normal activities within 7-10 days.
- Avoid sun exposure for 10 days; after that, wear sunscreen on the entire face, especially the incisions.
- Final results will be seen between a few weeks to a few months depending on individual healing.
You usually have no visible scars; they are hidden in the hairline.
Endoscopic brow lift, before/ after 6 months